Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Evansville smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a single unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete command of your Evansville home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and check out tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Evansville benefit you?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also gives you total remote access and control via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Review live or recorded video streams from all connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Evansville by programming schedules or creating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in the home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to act. Note that you may still arm the security system by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you want to ignore the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Evansville
Although various users can be set up when you first get your system, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote access, select phone or email and enter the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Evansville smart home. Dial (812) 310-5880 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.