Ways to cut down on false alarms in Evansville
False alarms are an actual problem for a home security system. They're not only costly and time-consuming, but they may decrease the confidence you have in your installation. Luckily, you can do some things to reduce false alarms from your Evansville sensors and alarms.
To begin, be sure that everything is installed correctly. This might sound like a no-brainer, but it’s common that overlooked mistakes trigger false alarms. For the next step, watch out for likely sources of false alarms, including windows and doors that might be left ajar inadvertently. And finally, don't hesitate to incorporate the extra options like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Evansville.
Is it really that easy? Read on and see for yourself.
Numerous false alarms in Evansville can be avoided
When figuring out any problem, the first thing to do is read the owner’s instruction booklet. Ensure all devices are set up properly from your perspective by:
- Running a diagnostic through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually check each component to ensure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to be certain that your alarms aren’t activating at inopportune times.
- Make sure all new smart devices are configured properly and aren't conflicting with your system.
Reach out to your customer service specialist if you continue to have issues cutting down false alarms in your Evansville home. They'll be pleased to dispatch a trained expert to check your setup.
Check your doors and windows
If your system appears to be OK, the subsequent measure is to do a sweep of the house. Are your windows and doors closed tightly, or do you find some inadvertently ajar? If an entrance is left unlatched, it could trip an activated sensor. In the event your family constantly fails to shut a door, you can install a smart locking system that secures automatically when your home security goes live. Sadly, windows need more physical effort, mainly if you have a loved one who enjoys to rest with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it easy to disengage that sensor while protecting the remaining areas of the residence.
Home automation is an effective technique to cut down on false alarms in Evansville
One of the best methods to reduce the probability of false alarms is to integrate smart home automation into your home security system. By using your Vivint app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re on site and prevent false alarms caused by accidentally unlatching doors or windows. Then have your alarm system automatically set again that evening when you’re asleep.
- Have your system disarm as your smart front door lock is triggered with the proper PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm if you depart the premises, then disarm when you come back to the house.
- Receive mobile alerts when your components sense abnormal movements or have need of a battery change.
- Connect your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to operate your system without the cell phone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Evansville by switching to a Vivint smart home installation
Greater command over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, reach out to (812) 310-5880 or send in the form below.