What should I do when my Evansville home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your property – and your family members – against the many risks you may experience, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home may be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Evansville home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is often shocking, bewildering, and could provoke panic. Your best choice is to stay calm and abide by these simple suggestions.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Evansville Goes Off
It’s a circumstance no one wants to face, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re awakened in the middle of the night with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. So what is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the optimal way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the urge of trying to manage the emergency yourself and let your monitoring professionals and first responders carry out their job.
- Take care of your family. Your main focus should be your family and getting them to safety. In the case of a intrusion, this might mean going to a predetermined secure area as far from points of entry as possible. Chances are your alarm immediately scared off the invader, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you ought to exit your home right away.
- Remember your smartphone. Nowadays, the majority of individuals carry their phones at all times, but you might neglect to take it during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay connected with your monitoring specialists and receive notifications through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Team
The moment your home alarm system in Evansville goes off, your 24/7 monitoring experts will act immediately. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that means communicating with you. The guideline they follow depends on the type of emergency. For instance, when a medical emergency occurs, a single effort will be made to reach you before first responders are deployed. If you’re dealing with a break-in - the most frequent type of alarm - a monitoring agent will follow these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you using the central command panel. You will typically be required to supply a passcode.
- If that isn’t successful, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- An alternate number or first emergency contact is tried next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will try to reach you again after authorities are contacted.
If you're not able to converse with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Help will still be sent even when you're unable to verify the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Evansville
Be prepared for any crisis with a contemporary home alarm system in Evansville from Vivint. Contact (812) 310-5880 to begin the customization of your home’s protection today.